· Health sensors produce a large amount of data.
· With the increase in use of health sensors by patients, the amount of data produced is increasing at an alarming speed. This data needs to be stored immediately without delay.
· Advanced analytical computations on stored data are needed to extract useful information regarding a patient’s health.
· Finding recovery patterns across different sectors of the society require very high volume data analysis.
· We have developed a Big Data based multimedia platform to support e-health Big Data.
· It allows high speed data collection, high volume data storage and high performance data analytics using a Hadoop based customized Big Data solution.
• Sensor based e-health technologies can be used with ease.
• Advanced data analytics can help study and discover new recovery metrics not imagined before.
• E-health data stored in the cloud can be easily shared between remote locations.
• A national e-Health Big Data infrastructure can be developed around this solution to provide data storage facility for all patients in the kingdom.
• All hospitals in the kingdom can be linked to the high performance data center to support knowledge sharing and collaboration.
• With the implementation of a standard Electronic Health Record (EHR) solution, patients in the kingdom will be able to move between hospitals easily by electronically sharing their medical data between hospitals and physicians.